Thursday, April 1, 2010

General

I'm having a heck of a time trying to get no-ip.com up and running on my Desktop at home. I would like to periodically log into my home computer to grab some music or just grab some files that I might want to check; and also, I would like to navigate to some websites that are websensed at work. I'm going to continue my efforts when I get home tonight.

It gets frustrating when you think you've followed all of the directions and still can't get the thing to work!

2 comments:

  1. dyndns.com was pretty straightforward to setup, is free, and is even an option in most linksys and other routers so that you don't have to even put an updater application on a running PC on the network.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I finally revisited NO-IP. It works! I installed the client on one of my machines at home, ran the client, configured my router by opening up a port for traffic and viola!

    ReplyDelete